Sunday, February 3, 2019

Ezra Pounds In a Station of the Metro :: Ezra Pound Station of the Metro Essays

Ezra Pounds In a Station of the underground Before this week, I had never read each poetry by Ezra Pound. I noticed immediately that many of the metrical compositions argon very short. In a Station of the Metro, for example, is ii lines. In the canvass Imagism, the second ascertain of imagistes is said to be to use absolutely no word that did not contribute to the presentation. I think this master helps formulate why some of Pounds poems are so short. Obeying the second rule of imagistes lead be harder the longer the poem is. This rule, however, does not seem to me a rule of imagistes alone, but of most poets from all eras. I dont think many poets could be found who would say that they try to use superfluous haggle. Just because a poem is longer than a few lines doesnt mean the poet is being long-winded. I think the vast majority of poets would say that they only use indispensable words in their poetry. Of course it could also be said that words that seem superfluous do a ctually contribute to the presentation. I eat a hard time with letting Pound claim this rule as one of the imagistes only. Besides its length, In a Station of the Metro was a poem I read with interest because it is on the political program as one of the poems to read carefully. I thought it strange that I was supposed to pay attention to this poem. Truly, it initially struck me as the winsome of poem that I tried to write in elementary school. not that I ever wrote anything interesting, but the shortness of the poem and the pairing of two very different images was pretty much the basis of my poetry as a kid. I thought randomness made poems deep. The designation of this poem is very important as it places the proofreader in the metro station. bandage titles of poems and books are always important, this poem would be quite lost without its title. The title lets us know that the apparition of these faces in the crowd takes place in the metro station, not the stadium or the sh opping mall or any other crowded place. By placing the reader with the title, the poem lets the reader know that the first image of the poem, the faces in the crowd, is something that belongs to the location of the speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment